NOTE: This documentation is in the process of being updated for Newsbin version 6.60+. If you find references to an older version, please let us know. If there is some information not covered here, ask and we'll answer you directly then update the help pages.
The documentation is divided into the following documents:
- New to Usenet - Good reading for those new to both Usenet and Newsbin.
- V660-NewFeatures - If you are already familiar with Newsbin, this lists and explains the new features since the last release.
- Installation Guide - Running the installer; configuring your news server; selecting newsgroups; and other initial setup steps.
- Running Newsbin for the First Time - Walk through of basic first time use.
- User Guide - General guide to using Newsbin. This is the document that will be of most use to new users.
- Tutorials - Animated tutorials showing basic setup and usage of Newsbin (work in progress)
- Reference Guide - Detailed reference information on each option available in Newsbin. This is the place to look if you want to know the meaning of specific options within Newsbin.
- Troubleshooting FAQ - Addresses the most common problems with Newsbin you may be facing.
- Shortcuts - Consolidated list of keyboard shortcuts that activate certain Newsbin version 6 functions.
- Newsbin Remote - Remote Control of Newsbin
- Glossary - Glossary of terms. Includes Usenet and Newsbin specific terminology.